Terms of Service
As an organization choosing to participate and collaborate as a benefitting partner Great Give Palm Beach and Martin Counties requires that you enter into this Memorandum of Understanding which sets forth the services and duties provided by Great Give Palm Beach and Martin Counties and roles and responsibilities of all participants.
- All gifts must be made by credit or debit card on www.GreatGiveFlorida.org or by calling 1-844-GIVE-DAY (1-844-448-3329) on April 24 starting from midnight - midnight.
- Only 501(c)(3) organizations that provide direct services in Palm Beach and/or Martin counties are eligible for participation.
- Participating nonprofits must be: (1) a tax exempt 501(c)(3) organization in good standing with the IRS; (2) provide direct services in Palm Beach and/or Martin counties; (3) be registered with the State of Florida to solicit funds (if applicable). Visit Florida's Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services for more information about the Solicitation of Contributions Act; and (4) Patriot Act Compliant.
- Great Give Palm Beach & Martin Counties gifts should not be payments on existing pledges.
- Donations may not be used to pay for anything that might be perceived as a material benefit.
- Each gift is 100% tax-deductible and irrevocable. All donations will be granted for unrestricted use by the chosen charities but must be used to benefit Palm Beach and/or Martin counties.
- A donor is defined as an individual or corporation/business. Organizations cannot donate to themselves.
- Credit card donations received for Great Give Palm Beach & Martin Counties will be eligible for bonus pool funds on a pro-rated basis. No donations via check, cash or stock will be accepted.
- For any single gift greater than $5,000, only the first $5,000 will be considered for bonus pool funds.
- The percentage in which the Host Partners will allocate bonus pool funds will depend upon the total bonus pool amount as well as the total of donations raised during the event. For example, if our bonus pool is $50,000 and the total of all eligible gifts raised during event is $200,000, then the pro-rata bonus will be $0.25 on the dollar. (Other markets who have had giving days typically average $0.15-$0.30 on the dollar.) Using this example: If an organization raises $5,000 during the event, they will be awarded an additional $1,250 in bonus pool money.
- Transactional credit card and processing fees will be deducted from the total amount raised for each organization.
- Each gift of $20 or more to a different organization will be counted on the website leaderboard.
- All donations will be disbursed within 3 business days via electronic funds transfer, minus transaction fees and Bonus Pool and prize funds.