Nonprofit Participation Agreement
WHEREAS, United Way of Palm Beach County, Achieve, Nonprofits First and United Way of Martin County (hereinafter collectively referred to as Host Partners) are conducting the GREAT GIVE Palm Beach and Martin Counties on behalf of eligible nonprofits in and serving Palm Beach and Martin Counties; and
WHEREAS, Participant Organization, a nonprofit organization, desires to participate and collaborate as a benefiting partner in the GREAT GIVE;
WHEREAS, the Host Partners herein desire to enter into a Memorandum of Understanding with the nonprofit organization setting forth the services and/or duties to be provided by the collaborative.
Roles and Responsibilities
NOW, THEREFORE, it is hereby agreed by and between the Host Partners and my organization as follows:
- I confirm that my organization is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit currently in good standing with the Internal Revenue Service.
- I confirm that my organization provides direct services and/or has its headquarters in Palm Beach or Martin Counties.
- I confirm that my organization has a current profile on www.GuideStar.org and the most recent IRS publication 78 & IRS BMF.
- I confirm that my organization is licensed by the State of Florida through the Department of Agriculture (as applicable) to solicit funds.
- I understand that my organization is encouraged to focus the majority of its overall marketing efforts in the days immediately leading up to the campaign to create a sense of excitement among donors, media partners and fellow nonprofits.
- I understand that the Host Partners are not responsible for the amount of money that may or may not be contributed to my organization during the 24-hour event.
- I understand that donors must choose the nonprofit they are giving to when making the online gift and that the Host Partners have no control of this process.
- I confirm that if my organization has a website we will add a GREAT GIVE link to our landing page to GreatGiveFlorida.org.
- I understand that my organization, its staff, board of directors and volunteers should help promote the GREAT GIVE during the 24-hour event using social media.
- I understand that only donations pledged to my nonprofit organization through the GREAT GIVE website will count toward the incentive contests and award distribution.
- I understand that if I am asked to participate in an interview with a newspaper, TV or radio station I am to be a spokesperson on behalf of all nonprofits in my community participating in the GREAT GIVE.
- I understand that my organization will receive all monies that have been donor designated to my organization less 6.1% for processing.
- I understand that the GREAT GIVE is hosted by an online platform, Achieve, that will safely process all contributions made during the event and that following the event I am to login to obtain the list of all donors that designated to my nonprofit during the event.
- I understand that all donations will be disbursed within 90 days of May 17, 2017 via direct deposit or check from the Host Partners’ fiscal agent, United Way of Palm Beach County, less the 6.1% fees.
- I understand that any funds received are unrestricted in nature; however, all funds must be used for the sole benefit of Palm Beach and/or Martin counties.
- I confirm that I have read and agree to the event rules as detailed on the GREAT GIVE website.
If you agree to the above-stated information, please indicate your agreement by checking that you accept Nonprofit Agreement.